One of the most important rules to follow when you are dieting is changing what you eat. Healthy food is the only type of food to be involved in your diet. All these bad habits are made to be broken. The main reason that keeps me gaining weight is Snacking: Yes, I’m a big snacker. So if you are like me than you are in the right place. For this post we are going to talk about how to cut off bad snacking and giving you some healthy snacks ideas. Let’s learn easy tricks to help you eat better every day. Main causes of snacking are: Getting bored, watching TV, stay awake, sitting on your phone, etc….Since we can’t stop doing these things and we may end up overeating, so healthy snacks are the key[…] Snacks can keep blood sugar steady as well as allow you to rack up more servings of fruits and vegetables .Of course, what you eat matters, too. Typical snack foods (chips, cookies, pretzels) aren’t that nutritious or satisfying, so it’s easy to overdo them. To keep your energy up and hunger, allow yourself two snacks a day of 100 calories to 200 each. Check these snacks ideas:
1)1 cup of Frozen Berries: A snack as simple as freezing berries is too good to pass up! Freezing strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries make a good substitute for cold sweet treats, and it’s sometimes just a nice mix up from the regular taste of fresh fruit. Whatever frozen fruits are left over, throw them in a smoothie and call it breakfast! If you don’t want them frozen, add some fresh berries to bowl of yogurt. Actually, Greek yogurt is a great source of calcium and protein.
2) 3 cups of Popcorn: Easy and satisfying .Stay away from topping your low calorie bag with butter and salt, and don’t let your 100 calorie snack become a 400 calorie one. Eat a precised quantity, Don’t over do it.
3) 2Tbsp of Original Hummus with Carrots: Hummus and vegetables are a tasty, filling snack full of nutritious goodies. Go for this kind of snack instead of chips, crackers or pretzels if you have fresh veggies on hand.Plus,carrots & cucumbers are juicy and crunchy, rich also in vitamin A and C.
4) a bowl of Tabbouli : Hello lebanese people!! Personally, this is my favorite salad ever. It is a fantastic snack! It is filled with protein and vitamins and is a seriously crave-worthy salad! And super easy to make. You can also try the quinioa tabbouli.
5) 2 cups Homemade Roasted Sweet Potato Chips made with Olive Oil: Make you own veggies chips ahead of time instead of buying them from the store. Veggies chips are a healthy snack, Slice up your own sweet potatoes and roast them in the oven for a quick crunchy snack anytime. A Must-try.
6) 1/2 cup of dried apricot : Eating dried apricots is one of the healthiest snack ever. Dried fruits are full of fiber and apricots specially full of vitamin. This portion can bring to you 50 % of your daily intake of Vitamin A.7)1 Brown rice cake with any light topic: I usually eat these on breakfast & dinner , so light and filling. They are important because of their high fiber content. Adding a little bit of honey can satisfy your sweet tooth craving without gaining unhealthy fats.8) 25 Pistachios: Nuts are healthy if they are taken in the right portions.They have multiple functions: Like pistachios are rich in potassium and vitamins and fewer in calories than other nuts. In general, nuts help with lowering cholesterol.
9)8 Banana Slices with Peanut Butter (Frozen): This is alternative to an ice cream sandwich. The bananas and peanut butter freeze perfectly together for the ultimate guiltless sweet snack. Go ahead and freeze a bunch and pull them out when you’re craving dessert. Yummi Yummi!!10)2 oz Ahi Tuna Sashimi: Who doesn’t love sushi? Who said that you can’t sushi when you are dieting? Fish is a fantastic source of protein and essential omega fatty acids. Not many of us have enough fish in our diet and adding this as a small snack can improve your overall health in many ways.
I hope this was helpful!!