Finally I just got back with some new posts. So sorry for the lack of posts but my inspiration was completely gone. Anyway, today I will talk about a new trend that I spotted lately : The Short Hair. Personally, I love short hair more than long hair. Also I was thinking of doing a haircut soon but I am not brave enough. Still thinking.
From Kim Kardashian’s to Kylie Jenner’s Haircuts, this year’s hottest short hairstyles are edgier and more modern than in years past. Stylish looks include long bangs with shorter sides, mussy shags and long bobs and even the pompadour, which some of the hottest celebrities of today are pulling off. If you’re thinking like me about making the short hair plunge or just changing up your hairstyle, you may consider one of the 4 hottest short hair trends of the moment and not mention that they are my favorites.
• They are (drumroll please):
- The modern pixie
- The mussy shag
- The unstructured bob
- The demi-bob
Would Short Hair Suit You?
Short hair is so popular this year but the big dilemma is which of these popular cuts best suit your face shape and hair texture? The great news is almost everyone can get away with a short hairstyle. Some styles work better with certain face shapes and hair textures. For example, your haircut should give you the illusion of having an oval face shape. So if you have a round face you’ll want to elongate it, and if you have a square face, you want to soften your jawline.
1) Pixie Hair : Audrey Hepburn was the original celebrity with pixie hair and Mia Farrow popularized the look in the 60s. In the past years, pixie hair has “cropped up” on a host of stylish singers and actresses including Michelle Williams, Ginnifer Goodwin, Emma Watson, Carey Mulligan, Halle Berry and Anne Hathaway.While many pixies are traditionally short all over, the modern pixie tends to be choppy and texturized with longer bangs that give you a ton of styling options.The pixie works best on women with thick, naturally wavy hair. I find the pixie doesn’t work as well on fine, straight hair because the hair falls too close to the scalp, looking a bit like a helmet. If you have fine hair, you may need lots of product to add body.The pixie works best on women with heart-shaped, square and oval faces. It’s a good cut for women with round faces, too, just make sure to keep the bangs long and style them forward or up to create the illusion of length.
2)Shag Hair: If you search for “shag hairstyles” on the Internet, what comes up is a lot of dated, rocker girl hairstyles with lots of layers. They remind me of 80s hair bands — a sort of mullet hairstyle gone badly. But the modern shag hairstyle doesn’t resemble a mullet and shouldn’t remind one of the 80s. What they have in common with those hairstyles of the past are messiness, choppy ends and layering. The modern shag, however, isn’t quite as layered. The beauty in the shag hairstyle is that it flatters all face shapes. To get that mussy, choppy look, you’ll want to use a salt spray or texturizing spray and scrunch hair as it dries.
3)Bob Hair :
The bob has been the haircut of choice for brazen females of the past like Coco Chanel, Louise Brooks and Elizabeth Taylor, but the above-the-shoulder length—whether in a classic bob or a more mussed-up lob is decidedly timeless. The bob is a classic hairstyle that never goes out of style but this season’s bob is mussy and unstructured and has a bit of edge to it. These tousled bobs all seem to end at the chin or just below it. Add in blunt bangs or fringe for a really edgy look.So who can wear the bob? Anyone with a nice jawline and neck will look good in a bob. If you have a round face, a longer bob is a better option for you.As for hair texture, bobs work best on thin to medium hair. I usually recommend women with super coarse or curly hair stay away from short cuts because curly hair tends to pouf out on you, but sometimes the right short cut can work well on curly hair.
4) The Demi Bob :
The long bob has been around for a few seasons and it’s still just as hot this year but it has a new name “the demi-bob”. According to Vogue Magazine, which named the demi-bob a hot trend, it’s a bob that falls anywhere between the mid-neck and the shoulders. It’s also been seen on many actresses and models this season as everyone seems to have gotten sick of their long, tousled waves at the same time.
Everyone looks good in a long bob so have at it, but be sure to abide by the rules of this haircut:
- Longer bobs can be bland if too blunt. Stacked layers in the back with a bit of backcombing while styling add dimension. Add fringe or thick bangs for a real retro-70s look.
- A bob can’t be too layered, or it’s not a bob. But this year’s bob isn’t too blunt, either. Leave it wavy and mussed, blown dried under or flipped out 60’s style.
- The long bob works best on straight and wavy hair but it looks good on all hair textures (even curly). It’s a versatile cut because you can wear it air-dried or flat-ironed.
Thank you for reading.
Hope it was helpful !