This post isnt a contribution by Rita Ziade , this time it is me who is writing a post about Fitness: Yes you just read that right. Everybody know that I am not a big fan of skinny bodies: thigh gaps , flat stomach and showing bones. I am someone who is really confident in her own body and love the way it is. In Fact, I prefer curvy bodies with a healthy weight, that’s why I decided lately to start working out and eating healthy food so I can get this curvy plus healthy body. If you follow me on Snapchat , then you knew how much I have been obsessed with green juices. Every day, I drink one cup either before or after workout. It’s a perfect way to eat your greens and get multiple benefits for your body.For Today’s post, I will show the recipe due to your requests with some benefits of drinking green juices.
Recipe : Basically, all you need to do is put all your greens in the blender to get this juice.
But I will give a specific guide to follow : 1) Put a green base with a cup of water: Spinach, lettuce, kale , Collards
2) Pick a fruit for sweetness: Banana, apple, orange, ananas , berries
3) Add Flavor : Parsley, mint , ginger ,lime ,lemon
And Voilaaa !!! I promise you it is sooo good , it is an addiction
- Energy: Green juices are made with fruits and vegetables filled with antioxidants, phytochemicals, minerals and vitamins, sometimes as much as a day’s worth of vegetables in one serving. When vegetables are juiced, the natural sugars in the vegetable are separated from the pulp, which is where the fiber is located. You may feel a “pump” of energy once those natural sugars get into your bloodstream and your glucose levels are raised.
- Weight Loss:Adding fruit to juices varies the flavor, but it comes with a price — extra calories. If you are doing a juice fast and drinking green juices is your only source of nutrition, you can still enjoy weight-loss benefits while getting all the vitamins and minerals your body needs. The key is evenly spreading out your intake over an entire day since your body uses energy throughout the day, versus one or two servings full of calories. Packing an entire day’s worth of calories into a few servings can be a recipe for weight gain and muscle damage if the body needs energy at a time when its glycogen stores are depleted.
- Immunity: Green juices usually start with fresh vegetables such as spinach, kale, broccoli or others as your base. These vegetables contain a compound that boosts immunity and provides an extra layer of protection to cells in the body
- Timing :
Since juicing vegetables removes the fiber and makes the sugar more readily available, you’ll need to use that sugar wisely. Consume carbs within 30 minutes of training to restore the glucose you’ve used during your workout. This keeps the muscles from using protein as an energy source. Using the sugar in the green juice to replace glycogen stores that were depleted while working out means the sugar isn’t stored in the body as excess glucose, which may be stored as fat if you take in more glucose than the body needs or has the capacity to store.
- Feel Full :
If you’re incorporating green juices into your diet as a means of improving your overall health, blending your vegetables into a smoothie with the help of low-sugar liquids, such as water, juice or milk, may be better options for you. With blending and pureeing, the fiber stays intact. This way, you’ll still receive the benefits of feeling fuller longer, which can keep you from consuming more calories in addition to those contained in your green juice