Contribution by Rita Ziade: Hello ladies!! Today’s post is about a low cal nut cake. mThis recipe mainly focuses on healthy fats from nuts and an appropriate amount of protein from the egg whites as well as the milk.Wanna know how to do this yummi cake ? Keep on reading…
- 1 whole egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 3 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 cup of flour
- 1/2 cup of skimmed milk
- 1 handful of walnuts
- 1 handful of almonds
- 3/4 cup of sweetener (or brown sugar)
- 1/2 cup of canola oil
- Preheat the oven at 200 degrees Celsius.
- Beat the egg and egg whites with the vanilla until soft. Then gradually add the sweetener and mix altogether.
- Add the milk and oil and whisk for 2 minutes.
- Insert the flour and baking powder while mixing.
- Crush the nuts into halves and add them to the cake mixture.
- Place the mixture in a cake pan and put it in the oven for a duration of 25-30 minutes (For better results, insert a wooden barbecue stick into the center of the cake to check whether or not the cake is baked from the inside)